Law Enforcement Officers - Roselle Police Department, Alternative Eligibility Entry Program
Pursuant to 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6(h), the Roselle Police Department is looking for Experienced Law Enforcement Officers to be placed on an Alternate Eligibility Entry List. Candidates placed on the list will have preference for appointment over the standard Eligibility List.
Applicants must meet the following requirements as of the date of application:
- Certified as a full-time police officer by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Prior continuous service as a police officer in the State of Illinois for a minimum of two years.
- High school diploma or equivalent and all applicants shall possess an associate’s degree in any field of study or 60 hours toward a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in any field of study.
Initial Hiring Process
- Application: Apply here online
- Preliminary Background Investigation
- Oral Interview- Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
- Pre-Background Investigation
- Applicants placed on list based on final score as approved by the Board
Conditional offer of employment based on the successful completion of:
- Full Background Investigation
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Examination
- Medical Examination
$70,505 to $109,498 (after 96 months) *
* based on an 84 hour pay period
Each position requires an application.
The Village of Roselle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age or disability.
Applications for Police and Firefighters
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners appoint successful applicants to the position of Police Officer and Firefighter. More information is available on the Fire and Police Department vacancies page.
Additional Job Interest Information
When jobs are available, information may be posted in this section of the Village’s website. In addition, employment opportunities will be posted in newspaper advertisements and appropriate professional journals.