Building Inspector - Part-time
The Village of Roselle Community Development Department is accepting resumes for the position of Building Inspector. Roselle is a community of approximately 22,763 and is located in the northwest suburbs of Chicago.
- Enforce the Village’s adopted building codes and zoning ordinances
- Conduct field inspections of new construction, alterations, additions, and improvements
- Communicate effectively with residents and contractors
- Issue oral and written orders for correction of defects in workmanship or materials
- Reviews plans as needed
- Assists building department staff with any questions involving code or permit issues.
- Prepares reports of inspections
- Provides technical assistance to contractors, residents, and others relative to the application and enforcement of building codes and ordinances.
- Knowledge of local codes and ordinances; State laws, national and international building and fire codes
- Understanding of standard construction practices in this area
- Valid Illinois Driver’s License required
- Possession of ICC Certifications is highly desirable
Education and Experience:
Candidates must possess a high school diploma or equivalent supplemented by two years technical or community college level courses in building construction, electrical, mechanical, or structural engineering or related areas; and/or two years’ experience in the construction industry performing skilled construction trades work, or in comparable code enforcement work. Candidates should have knowledge of building/zoning codes and ordinances, methods, techniques and procedures used in building inspection, construction and maintenance.
Strong written and oral communication skills are necessary. The rate of pay is $30.00 - $37.00 per hour depending on experience. Working hours are between 8AM and 5PM, M-F. Questions concerning the position should be directed to Community Development Director Pat Watkins at (630) 671-2820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply using the online job application. Include cover letter, resume, and three professional references. This position is open until filled. The Village of Roselle is an equal opportunity employer.
Each position requires an application.
The Village of Roselle is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age or disability.
Applications for Police and Firefighters
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners appoint successful applicants to the position of Police Officer and Firefighter. More information is available on the Fire and Police Department vacancies page.
Additional Job Interest Information
When jobs are available, information may be posted in this section of the Village's website. In addition, employment opportunities will be posted in newspaper advertisements and appropriate professional journals.