Street Improvement Program
Maple Ave. Resurfacing Project
The last two remaining items to be done, including the removal of the brick pavers at the island median at Maple Ave. and Irving Park Rd. and replacing it with concrete sidewalk and the restoration of displaced brick pavers, is expected to be complete by the end of October.
The Village was successful in seeking federal funding for the Maple Ave. resurfacing project. Federal Surface Transportation Program (STP) funds will cover approximately 75 percent of the construction costs, with the remaining 25 percent coming from the Village of Roselle.For questions or further information, please email Brian Griffin from HRGreen or call (815) 529-5607; or email Roselle Civil Engineer Jorge Jorda or call (630) 671-2363.
2016 Street Improvement Program
Nearly $1.6 million was spent on street improvements in 2016 to resurface streets throughout the community that were identified as being in poor or fair condition. The SIP was expanded in 2016 to improve more streets, following several years of street programs that were reduced in scope. The Village’s 2016 budget included an initiative to issue $2.4 million in limited tax bonds to fund the SIP for 2016 and 2017.
If you have questions or concerns about the Street Improvement Program, or would like additional information, please do not hesitate to contact Roselle Public Works at (630) 980-2020.
The following streets were included in the 2016 Street Improvement Program:
- Acadia Trl. from Woodfield Trl. to Acadia Ct.
- Ashbury Ct. from Ashbury Ln E through the cul-de-sac
- Ashbury Ln. E. From Travis Pkwy to Sheffield Ct.
- Ashbury Ln. W. from Sheffield Ct. to Travis Pkwy.
- Ashley Ct. from Darby Ln. through the cul-de-sac
- Banbury Ct. from Orchard Ter. through the cul-de-sac
- Birmingham Ct. from Winfield Way through the cul-de-sac
- Brittania Way from Travis Pkwy. to Travis Pkwy.
- Bryce Trl. from Woodfield Trl. to Acadia Ct.
- Bryn Mawr Ave. from Radnor Dr. to Mensching Rd.
- Chatham Ct. from Chatham Ln. through the cul-de-sac
- Club House Cir. from Ventura Club Dr. to Devon Ave.
- Deeke Ct. from Central Ave. through the cul-de-sac
- Devon Ave. from Lakeside Dr. to Ventura Club Dr.
- Edenwood Dr. from Middleton Dr. to Garden Ave.
- Foxdale Ct. from Rodenburg Rd. through the cul-de-sac
- Hampshire Ct. from Ashbury Ln. E. through the cul-de-sac
- High Point Ct. from Granville Ave. through the cul-de-sac
- Jennifer Ln. from the cul-de-sac to Larson Ln.
- Logan St. from Arthur Ave. to Albion Ave.
- Mansfield Way from Travis Pkwy. to Thornfield Ln.
- Middleton Dr. from Rodenburg Rd. to Bryn Mawr Ave.
- Norfolk Ct. from Travis Pkwy. through the cul-de-sac
- Olympia Ln. from Garden Ave. to the cul-de-sac
- Park Ln. from Park Ct. to Lions Park
- Parkview Ct. from Plum Grove Rd. through the cul-de-sac
- Prospect St. from Woodworth Ave. to south limit
- Regal Ct. from Windfield Way through the cul-de-sac
- Reston Ct. from West End Rd. through the cul-de-sac
- Ryan Way from Travis Pkwy. to north limit
- Schreiber Ave. from Lincoln St. to Marion St.
- Shawnee Trl. from Plum Grove Rd. to End
- Sheffield Ct. from Ashbury Ln. through the cul-de-sac
- Singleton Dr. from Darby Ln. to Rodenburg Rd.
- Springhill Dr. from Turner Ave. to Ash St.
- Stafford Dr. From Rodenburg Rd. to Bryn Mawr Ave.
- Stonehurst Dr. from Pine Ave. to Mensching Rd.
- Stonehurst Ln. from Stonehurst Dr. through the cul-de-sac
- Sunnyside Rd. from Springhill Dr. to Sycamore Ave.
- Waterbury Ln. from West End to Rodenburg Rd.
- West End Rd. from Turner Ave. to Bryn Mawr Ave.
- Westminster Cir. from Northhampton Ln. to the cul-de-sac
- Winfield Ct. from Ashbury Ln. through the cul-de-sac
- Winfield Way from Ashbury Ln. W to Ashbury Ln E.
Rodenburg Rd. Railroad Crossing Quiet Zone Project
Safety improvements at the Rodenburg Rd. railroad crossing were made in June 2016 in order to establish a quiet zone at the crossing. As part of the establishment of the quiet zone, traffic channelization devices (vertical tubes that prevent vehicles from driving around lowered gates) were installed along the middle of Rodenburg Rd. on both the north and south sides of the crossing.
The quiet zone officially went into effect at the Rodenburg Rd. crossing on September 9, 2016. Horns within the quiet zone may still be used in the case of an emergency and to comply with federal or other railroad regulations.
Train horn quiet zone studies were conducted on the railroad crossings in Roselle at Rodenburg Rd., Roselle Rd., Prospect St., and Park St. in 2014. The Village Board agreed to pursue a quiet zone at the Rodenburg Rd. crossing last year, based largely on potential costs and necessary restrictions. Further evaluations will continue at the remaining crossings. More information about the establishment of quiet zones can be found on the Train Horn Regulations page on our website.