Community Recycling Event
Over 500 people participated in the 1st annual Roselle Recycles event on September 17, 2016. Thanks to everyone who participated! Look for information about the 2nd Annual Roselle Recycles event, tentatively planned for the fall of 2017, as we get closer to the event.
Roselle Recycles: By the Numbers
The following items were collected for recycling at the 1st Annual Roselle Recycles event:
- On-Site Document Shredding: 18,080 lbs of paper were shredded (sponsor: Itasca Bank & Trust Co.)
- Electronic Recycling: 11.85 tons of electronic equipment (sponsor: Bloomingdale Township Highway Commissioner Bob Czernek)
- Thermometer Recycling: 7 thermometers, 15 thermostats, 9 cases of encyclopedias, and 1 bag of crayons (event partner: S.C.A.R.C.E)
- Winter Clothing: 57 coats, 2 large bags of gloves, mittens & scarves and 6 pairs of winter boots (event partner: Maddie's Mitten March)
- Bicycles: 70 bikes (event partner: Working Bikes)
- Soft Covered Books 1000+ (event partner: St. Walter Catholic Church)
- Hard Covered Books 1000+ (event partner: Roselle Public Library)
- Eye Glasses, Hearing Aids, Printer Ink Cartridges, Cell Phones, Holiday Lights, Keys: 64 eyeglasses, 590 ink cartridges, 113 cell phones, 1 pound of keys, and about 45 strings of holiday lights (event partner: Roselle Lions Club)
- Shoes: 150 pairs of new or gently worn gym shoes/sneakers (event partner: Lake Park Lancers Boosters Club)
Other Recycling Resources
Visit the Recycling Services page for more information about recycling in Roselle.