COVID-19 Executive Orders
The Mayor is able to adjust ordinances, policies, and programs to address emerging issues resulting from the coronavirus pandemic through the issuance of executive orders during a Local State of Emergency. Mayor Maglio declared the Local State of Emergency in Roselle on March 20, 2020.
- Executive Order 2020-01 (March 26, 2020) extends the expiration of current liquor licenses issued by the Village of Roselle to July 31, 2020, back from the original April 30 date, and also allows restaurant and bars in the Village that hold liquor licenses to sell beer and wine for carry out and off-premises consumption as long it is sold with food orders.
- Executive Order 2020-02 (March 26, 2020) provides for the continuation of the Zoning Board of Appeals meeting that was originally scheduled for March 25, 2020. The continued meeting will be held on April 15, 2020, at 7:00 p.m. at Village Hall to consider two yard setback petitions.
- Executive Order 2020-03 (March 26, 2020) authorizes the Director of Finance to pay all payroll and routine bills without prior authorization by the Village Board. This is a procedural change that allows the Village to continue conducting business following the cancellation of March 23, 2020, Village Board meeting.
- Executive Order 2020-04 (March 26, 2020) extends the due dates for business licenses, vehicle stickers, and for applications for the Senior Utility Tax Rebate in Roselle. The new deadline for business licenses is May 30, 2020, (pushed back from the original April 30 deadline), and the new deadline for vehicle sticker purchases is July 31, 2020 (pushed back from May 31), with late fees for these payments adjusted to the newly established deadlines. This order also extends the deadline for Senior Utility Tax Rebate applications to May 30, 2020 (back from April 30).
- Executive Order 2020-05 (April 1, 2020) provides for the continuation of essential and critical emergency response services while protecting the health and safety of all Village employees by establishing an alternative paid sick leave benefit policy for emergency responders as allowed by the FFCRA. Under this order, critical staffing needs will be met by setting specific criteria for extended sick leave for the Village’s emergency responders that in many respects provides a greater benefit than federal law requires. The emergency sick leave order was developed with significant input from the Village’s Public Safety Chiefs.
- Executive Order 2020-06 (April 1, 2020) adopts a new agreement with the IDHFS that ensures the Village is able to effectively cover emergency ambulance response costs related to the transport of Medicaid patients. The new agreement is necessary due to recent changes made between the IDHFS and the Center for Medicaid Services.
- Executive Order 2020-07 (April 15, 2020) provides for the continuation of the April 15, 2020, Zoning Board of Appeals meeting to May 20, 2020, at a time and place to be determined, to consider two yard setback petitions
- Executive Order 2020-08 (April 23, 2020) declares specific equipment at the Roselle Fire Department as obsolete - 42 Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) units - and allows for the obsolete equipment to be exchanged for 12 newer SCBA units with Dalmatian Fire Equipment, Inc.
- Executive Order 2020-09 (May 28, 2020) suspends the enforcement of ordinances that would otherwise prohibit the sale of food and alcohol in alfresco dining areas in order to initiate the Temporary Outdoor Seating Application process for restaurants in the Village. This accommodates the allowance of bars and restaurants opening with limited outdoor seating as part of of Governor Pritzker’s Restore Illinois plan.
- The Village Board is scheduled to meet on May 26, 2020. All other board and commission meetings are canceled until further notice.
- Executive Orders Issued by Mayor Maglio
- List of Village Event Cancellations
- Roselle Police Department Updated Protocols
- Roselle Fire Department Updated Protocols
- Community Development Updated Procedures
- Roselle Restaurants - Pickup, Takeout & Delivery Options
- Resources for Local Businesses
- Roselle Shopping & Shipping Guide
- - Local Case Dashboard
- - Local Cases Dashboard
- Protect DuPage
- Illinois Department of Public Health
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- FEMA: Coronavirus Rumor Control
- Restore Illinois: Governor Pritzker's Five-Phase Approach
- State of Illinois Coronavirus Response
- - links to federal, state, and local orders
- Governor Pritzker's "Stay-at-Home" Order, March 20, 2020
- Modified "Stay-at-Home" Order, April 30, 2020
- - Illinois Municipal League
- Essential Business Checklist - Illinois Dept. of Commerce
- Illinois Department of Finance and Professional Regulation - Assistance for consumers struggling to make payments on debts due to the COVID-19 crisis