Proposed Metro 19 Apartment Development
Public Hearing Scheduled for November 10, 2020
Work on a public and private partner redevelopment agreement for the proposed Metro 19 luxury apartment and parking garage project to be located adjacent to the Roselle Metra Station on Lawrence Avenue near Irving Park Road continues, as details such as financing, land exchange agreements, and right-of-way approval from outside agencies such as Metra and the Illinois Department of Transportation are being finalized.
400 Roselle LLC has submitted an application for several zoning requests associated with constructing a 5-story, 293 unit luxury apartment building, and an attached 5-story parking garage structure. The project area is located at the southeast corner of Lawrence Avenue and Irving Park Road. It includes part of the existing Metra daily-fee parking lot, the former Ray Graham site, and some of the under utilized land near the BMO Harris Bank location on the corner. The 5-story parking garage will include 536 spaces, including 153 spaces dedicated permanently to Metra riders.
The developer’s requests, which will be considered by the Planning & Zoning (P&Z) Commission during a public hearing on Zoom on November 10, 2020, at 5:30 PM include:
- A Zoning Map Amendment (rezoning) from B-2 Convenience Shopping Center District to B-3 Town Center District;
- A Plat of Subdivision
- A Special Use for Dwelling Units, Town Center;
- A Special Use for buildings exceeding forty-five feet (45’) in height;
- A Special Use for a Planned Unit Development (PUD);
- and the following PUD variations (deviations):
- to permit less than 1.5 parking spaces per studio or one-bedroom unit and less than 2.0 parking spaces per two-bedroom unit;
- a rear yard setback of 4.22’ in lieu of the 20’ required;
- A floor-area ratios greater than 2.5;
- To permit greater than 0.5 footcandle light trespass at any lot line abutting a non-residential district;
- To permit greater than 2.0 footcandle light trespass at the lot line where a non-residential district abuts a non-residential district;
- To permit greater than 0.5 footcandle light trespass upon right-of-way;
- A front yard setback of 0’ in lieu of 5’ required for the parking garage structure;
- A rear yard setback of 0’ in lieu of 20’ required for the parking garage structure.
This project is considered a Transit Oriented Development (TOD) as it located close to public transportation, the Roselle Metra Station. This project also aligns with goals set forth in the Village’s 2016 Comprehensive Plan and the Village Board’s Strategic Plan which call for increased density near the Metra station and further development of the East Irving Park Road corridor. The ultimate goal is to create an elongated Town Center which would connect the Town Center near the Municipal Complex with the area near the Metra station.
The Metro 19 project is also located within the Village’s new East Irving Park Tax Increment Finance District (TIF). The Village’s East Irving Park Road TIF Advisory Commission will consider the developer’s financial requests in late November. Learn more about TIF Districts in the Village of Roselle here.
Due to COVID-19, the public hearing for this project will take place via Zoom. To join from a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android device click here. To join by phone dial: +1 312-626-6799, Webinar ID: 818-5250-7906. Additional instructions for viewing the meeting and making live comments during the meeting can be found here and will also be included in the meeting agenda, All members of the public are welcome to participate. Members of the public can also submit comments or questions in advance of the meeting on the Planning & Zoning Meeting Public Participation Form or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All comments submitted prior to the hearing will be read into the record during the public hearing.
The P&Z Commission will consider all testimony from the public, developer, and staff prior to making a recommendation to the Village Board. The Village Board will then consider the recommendations made by the P&Z Commission as well as the TIF Commission at a future public meeting, prior to final action.
Renderings of the buildings, a site plan, and shadow study are available to view here. To view additional plans or to ask questions, please call Village Planner Caron Bricks at (630) 671-2806 or email email@example.com.