- Solid Waste and Recycling
- Yard Waste
Yard waste collections start on the first collection day in April and end on the last collection day in November. Yard waste is collected during your regular garbage day.
Free Collection Dates
Residents receive free yard waste pickup two times per year - during the first collection day in April and the last collection day November - for up to seven (7) bundles, bags or approved containers per each pickup.
Residents may either order a 95-gallon yard waste cart from Flood Brothers, which is billed annually each April (view rates), or purchase individual yard waste stickers for disposal.
Yard waste in the sticker program may be placed in compostable paper bags or in plastic bins (no larger than 32 gallons no heaver than 50 pounds). Bundles should not exceed four feet in length, two feet in diameter or fifty pounds. Individual branches should be no greater than three inches in diameter. Yard waste stickers are required on each bag, bin, or bundle for disposal.
Yard waste stickers (view rates) are available for purchase at the following locations:
- Online (convenience fees will apply)
- By Mail Order
- Montrose Market - 550 W. Lake St., Roselle
- Caputos - 166 E. Lake St., Bloomingdale
- Jewel Food Store - 1151 S. Roselle Rd., Schaumburg
- Len’s Ace Hardware - 425 W. Maple Ave., Roselle
- Len’s Ace Hardware - 272 W. Lake St., Bloomingdale
- Roselle Ace Hardware - 821 E. Nerge Rd., Roselle
- Village Hall - 31 S. Prospect. St. Roselle
Composting Program: Include the Food With Yard Debris
Those who purchase a yard waste cart may also participate in Flood Brothers' composting program by including food scraps in the yard waste cart. Composting is NOT available through the bag and sticker program.
The following items can be included in the yard waste cart:
- Fish and shellfish
- Eggs and eggshells
- Cheese and dairy products
- Bread and baked goods
- Pasta Rice and other grains
- Beans, nuts and seeds
- Fruits, fruit peels & cores
- Table scraps
- Plate scrapings
- Spoiled food
- Coffee grounds
- Coffee filters
- Tea bags
- Food-soiled Paper
- Grass clippings
- Pruned branches