TIF Incentive Programs
Thank you for considering participation in the Roselle Tax Increment Finance Incentive Program! The Village of Roselle has established the use of tax increment financing (TIF) as a strategic tool in its economic development program. The use of TIF is intended to foster development and redevelopment in areas of the community where public incentives are necessary to supplement private investment.
Three TIF districts have been established within the Village to achieve this goal. Each TIF District has unique needs which are identified within planning studies that formed the feasibility and redevelopment plans for each.
The use of incentives is intended to fund projects that would not happen without such assistance. Thus, the use of incentives is not to be considered an entitlement, but a means of creating opportunities that will add value to the community. TIF incentives may be considered for commercial, industrial, and mixed-use projects within the three established districts. Stand alone multi-family projects may be considered within the Town Center only.
Inventive Program Grants
Five categories of grant funding are available. A link to the online grant application is available on each of the individual grant pages. Specific details and grant conditions will be identified within a written agreement to be executed prior to starting work.
- Small Business Micro Grant
- Site Appearance Grant
- Façade-Exterior Improvement Grant
- Interior Improvement Grant
- Strategic Investment Incentive
To implement the overall economic development goals of the Village and to enhance the quality of life of residents, the incentive program has been designed to provide a wide latitude of eligible project types. Use of incentive funding is intended to:
- Facilitate development of vacant land, or the redevelopment of existing structures
- Facilitate expansion, rehabilitation, renovation or physical upgrade of existing structures or interior space
- Provide associated site improvements necessary to accommodate increased intensity of use or expansion of building areas (i.e. parking, stormwater detention, landscaping, etc.)
- Facilitate the occupancy of vacant space through remodeling, modernization or required building, fire, and life safety code upgrades
- Facilitate exterior building façade improvements to enhance physical character of structure or modernization of design elements
- Encourage physical alterations to the appearance of property (i.e. replacement of antiquated signage, installation of landscaping, etc.)
- As a competitive recruitment tool, provide start-up assistance grant funding to prospective small businesses that may have other location options
- Encourage the implementation of policy priorities of the Village, including, but not limited to attraction of sales tax producing businesses; attraction of business categories not sufficiently accessible within the community; incentivizing environmental remediation; etc.
TIF District Boundaries
Use the TIF District Lookup tool below to see if your property or business is within one of the Village's three districts, the Roselle-Nerge TIF District (aqua), the Irving-Central TIF District (green), or the East Irving Park Road TIF District (purple). Property/business addresses must be within one of the districts to qualify for TIF Incentive Programs.