Main Street Construction 2021
The Village’s contractor Schroeder Asphalt Services Construction, Inc. is scheduled to begin construction on Main Street between Roselle Road and Prospect Street on Monday, May 3, 2021. The widening and resurfacing of Main Street is included in the Village's 2021 Street Improvement program, with $200,000 earmarked for the Main Street project.
The project will include:
- Removal of curb and brick pavers along the south side of the roadway to widen the roadway and create longer parking stalls.
- Curb and sidewalk repairs (various locations)
- Pavement patching
- Roadway resurfacing
Construction is anticipated to be done in four phases. The schedule for these phases is detailed below but is weather dependent:
- Phase 1 - Week of May 3: Curb removal and replacement for half of the south side
- Phase 2 - Week of May 10: Curb removal and replacement for the remaining half of the south side
- Phase 3 – Week of May 17: Pavement milling, patching and resurfacing
- Phase 4 – Week of May 24: Pavement marking and restoration
All work associated with this project is expected to be substantially completed by May 28.
Traffic and Parking During Construction
Main Street will remain open to traffic throughout construction. During Phase 1 through 3, parking restrictions will be in place as shown on the map below. Signage noting additional parking locations will be placed throughout the area to guide visitors during this time.
Keeping the public informed about the progress of the Village’s construction projects is very important to us. Regular construction updates will be posted here, in the Village’s weekly E-News digital newsletter, and on the Village’s official Facebook page @ChooseRoselle. An informational flyer is also available for download here (PDF).
We apologize for the inconvenience during construction and thank you for your patience and cooperation. To provide feedback or request additional information about the 2021 Main Street widening and resurfacing project, please use our online form.