Building Permits

Apply Online
Visit the Village’s Citizen Self Service portal to apply for the following building permits online: driveway replacement, fence, HVAC replacement, patio, roof, shed, and water heater replacement.

Apply Online | Building Permit Application (PDF)

Permit Application Requirements
When applying for a permit, you will need the following:

  • Copy of a current plat of survey for exterior work (fence, deck, shed, etc.) with the improvements drawn to scale on the plat. This may be uploaded digitally in the Citizen Self Service portal or submitted in person.
  • Two paper copies and one digital copy of plans are required for new construction, additions, remodels, fire sprinklers and fire alarms.
  • An architect’s seal is required for construction over $10,000 in value. Contractors completing these improvements must be licensed in the Village of Roselle and must provide all necessary certificates of insurance, surety bonds, and state or local licenses before permits will be issued.

Building Permit Handouts & Guides
A building permit is required for many home-improvement projects. Project information is included in the PDF documents for the following projects: