To help keep our community safe, the Roselle Fire Department conducts fire inspections for local businesses to ensure compliance with building and fire codes. Here are the 5 most common violations found during a fire inspection:
- Emergency lights and exit signs that are not in proper working order with power backup
- Egress pathways being blocked or restricted due to clutter/storage
- Extinguishers that are under pressurized, over pressurized, or expired and in need of annual servicing
- Extension cords being used as permanent wiring
- Electrical wiring that poses a risk of electrical shock
For more information about fire safety for businesses, contact Fire Marshall Scott McBride at 630-671-2842 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applying for a business license? Review operating requirements to make sure you are on the right track!